View Single Post
Old 2010-10-14, 7:26am

I guess I just feel like electronic data is not for everyone. Some people really love to have a solid book in their hands and that is great. I love books too. (Like some people LOVE audio books and I can't stand them.) I think tutorials fill a niche. For a nominal investment you can learn targeted skills. No- you can't resell them, but so what? If you learned what you paid to learn then you got your money's worth and should be happy. If you DIDN'T learn what you thought you were going to learn- now THAT'S a problem and should be brought directly to the tutorial author. They should be willing to do what it takes to satisfy the buyers. If you are sitting there with a binder full of tutorials that you are sorry you paid for, then I'd say you need to be pickier about the ones you buy.

Mary, Somehow we came to this topic throught the backdoor. In the beginning post I said clearly that I love my tutorials. I like learning from them and as I can't afford the travel and class thing, it works for me. Read the opening post again. I just think/thought that tutes that are getting up to $30 are pricey because of the home publishing factor. I guess I thought everyone bound theirs like me. I am still going to buy tutorials, from time to time. I just won't print and bind them all! I am not, repeat NOT saying I am sitting here with a binder full of tutorials that I regret owning. That was not and never has been the subject of this thread. And I live for me audiobooks!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com

Last edited by emoon; 2010-10-14 at 7:29am.