Thread: NS Oregon Gray
View Single Post
Old 2015-05-25, 12:18pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Regarding 'boiling':

IF you are using crayon colors to decorate the back of a marble, which you are going to have to heat up really hot to round out - crayon colors are going to boil. Even when I encased the crayons in clear I was never happy with the outcome.

IF you are using crayon colors on a pendant as part of a design, or on a maria to implode,
work the crayon colors this way: turn on the propane. turn on the oxy Really Slow. when the flame is still mostly Propane put the crayon color in. let it warm up. it probably won't do much of anything (not enough heat) so turn the oxy up A LITTLE. keep doing this every 15-20 seconds until you hit the lowest temperature at which you can begin working the crayon color.
When imploding the crayons sometimes I heat the spot where I'm laying down my line or dot 'til it gets real soft, and push (VERY lightly) the line or dot into the maria. My logic here is that to implode it I'm going to be blasting the maria in a huge flame and I don't want to burn the line or dot I just put down, so let me get it about half way into the maria (so a line that you put down is 2mm thick - you want to sink it into the maria about 1mm)

Now go play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.