View Single Post
Old 2011-05-26, 1:33am
picking Job's Tears

Ouch, ouch and ouch.

Guilty of sweeping my bench with my hand. Not gonna do that again.
Haven't torched with non cotton clothes yet, always long pants and always closed shoes. I tried to rewarm a bead out of the kiln the last time I torched and it kinda exploded - almost in my face (there's another good reason to never torch without glasses).

But my worst burn so far was from stepping onto the handle of a pot of hot coffee (metal pot still on lit burner) when I was 5 (on the floor of a boat). The worst burn in my family was also from liquid, when my Mom was making juice in a steam juicer and my baby brother pulled the hose off. It took 6 months for the worst part to stop bleeding and he has a scar from the front of his forearm to the back of his shoulder. He's still my "baby brother" though he's 42 now (and a rather successful mechanical engineer, married with 3 kids - obviously the scar doesn't scare his wife).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln