View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 3:49pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I painted it out today - pictures later, if I don't totally collapse! It looks beautiful, I'm having so much fun watching it come together.

Tomorrow I have to go get fingerprinted - changing from the full time payroll to an hourly employee means I have to do the whole new employee rigamarole, wasted half a day in orientation last week, sigh.... ANYway, the fingerprint place is about 2 miles from Metal Supermarket, so I'm going to go see them. I'm having them fabricate a steel piece that will cover the wall beyond the torches, make a right-angle bend to cover the bench top, then another right angle bend down to give me a 1" lip, covering the leading edge of the plywood. (I'm having it made with the bench top 1/2" shorter than the depth of the bench, so it can be mounted with an airspace behind the steel using washers - not sure whose post I read that in, but it's a great idea!)

We'll need the truck to pick it up, but I can get it ordered tomorrow. Then, when we get it home I'm going to spray it black with BBQ paint so I can see the freaking flame for once...

Still need a couple of minor things - some hooks & eyes so that I can hook the doors open, and hasps & padlocks, plus we need to finalize our plans for the "hatch" between the lofts. Oh, and I still need to paint the bench legs, and the top of the 8' workbench. Tomorrow, with any luck.

Then it's time to move in, and then it's time to find a bulk tank and hoses so I can get off the 1lb cylinders...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.