View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 8:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh-in-AK View Post
Welll, can this be looked at as a breach of contract?

If I, as the buyer, have agreed that I am purchasing a tutorial for my own use and will not sell it to anyone else, then I am agreeing to not sell this to anyone else. Period. The e-tutorial is basically for the one person who purchased it. The buyer doesn't have the authorization to turn around and sell it to someone else, BECAUSE the buyer agreed NOT to sell it to anyone else, that this tutorial is for personal use only.

JMHO
What I have recently read is in order for a personal use only type of contract, the buyer has to specifically opt in to the agreement. It is not as simple as buying the tutorial. There has to be a specific agreement between seller and buyer.

Best info I can find so far. And my understanding of copyright law. Of course it is not a black and white area.

http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...Patterns.shtml

The pattern itself would be copyright. Someone cannot pinch or buy the patterns/tutorials and sell them or give them away. They cannot buy one copy, make additional copies and sell or give away. They could not pinch or buy a pattern and change a little bit of it and sell or give away.

It is legal for me to sell or give away a tutorial I purchased. It is legal for me to sell items I made using the directions in the tutorial.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Last edited by Melinda; 2012-04-04 at 9:20pm.