View Single Post
Old 2013-09-19, 11:07am
PyronamixK

Default GTT Yellow Jacket single jet hand torch

The kids and I visited the GTT shop, yesterday, and I took video of Willy and Wally showing me a Yellow Jacket hand torch and putting it through its paces.

This torch has one jet and it is a triple mix surface mix, as opposed to premix like you would find with other tiny torches. The triple mix feature allows the Yellow Jacket to get a wide range of flame sizes/shapes and flame chemistry all without changing any tips. The flame is clean and very stable. It can be used on soft glass, boro, or quartz, as well as exotic glasses and metals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHVeJ2qsivg

BTW, the lines are small lines and are not the same size as regular lines for bench burners. The lines shown are coiled. Straight lines are also available.

They also make a pen handle version. The pen version is sleeker. One version will have tiny lines that come out the back and go to a separate box with the valves, for people who need something super small to fit into tight places. This torch is not for glass only. It can be used with metal.

The regular price of the Yellow Jacket is $450. Right now, they are still at the intro price of $395.