Thread: GTT Sidewinder
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-19, 6:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Ok, thanks you all, I am getting a yolk. Where do I get one? what kind do I get?
Please tell me where you got yours and where to buy one. it looks like that is where I should start. I cannot do tanked oxy, much too expensive and no way to get it into my studio anyway, I used to use tanks and spent way too much money on them and it was just too hard on both my dh and I. I have 2 regalia's and they are awesome, they run my scorpion to it's max, it might be a little hotter with tanks but the scorpion and also the sidewinder are designed to work on concentrators. For now, I think I will start with a yolk.
I am relatively sure you would be very surprised by how much of a performance increase you would get going to tanked oxy over your concentrators.

Based on everything you have said, though, I think that the best solution for you would be to try a yolk. The one posted has the right bearings but since I do very heavy work they are not heavy enough for me and they tend to tip and move around my bench too much. For lighter work they should be fine. I had mine built for me to my specs so I dont know where to buy one off the shelf like it but most torchworking supply places have them. Buy the best one you can find and stick with the ones that have these bearings. The cheaper ones have bearings that look like wheels. Those will not allow you to change the angle of the rod as much as these. When I first started using mine it felt awkward and I did have to change how I was working but it was worth it to save my wrists and elbows. Hope it helps.

Last edited by LarryC; 2013-09-19 at 6:45pm.