View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 5:20am
Formerly FishBulb

The Crocus ones were one of several different CIM beads that have cracked on me. Another was when I put Sangre on top of Effetre Clear (ON TOP OF, not underneath) -- big old cracks everywhere.

I'm sitting here trying to remember the other two examples, but can't at the moment. They weren't the usual issues with blues though.

I do remember comments a few years ago from people who were having cracking issues with Leaky Pen. One lady messaged me to tell me her pendants all developed cracks weeks after being in a store and all had to be thrown out. That's probably another one of those colours that needs to be annealed at a higher temp.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Kathy from CIM suggested annealing at no lower than 990. People who want to use CIM might want to keep that in mind. Me, I just use other glass.

I may be dissing the line because I'm annoyed at compatibility issues that I simply haven't experienced with any other glass, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm also mentioning what Kathy suggested so other people can keep that in mind. With some of my beads and CIM combos the cracks didn't appear until after a year, and it sets my teeth on edge to know that some of my work is out there with cracks in it.

ETA: I've also read several glass workers' complaints on Facebook of CIM beads cracking, so I know it's not just me. These issues were with other colours in the line that I've never even used, and again not the blues that are supposed to be annealed at 1040.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.