View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 12:42pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
I made two encased florals (Aether) with a core of Tuxedo today. I'll let you know what happens!

To tempt fate, and because I'm getting ready for an event next weekend, I used the following colours in the flower petals: Lipstick Unique #2, Candy Apple Red, Orange Sherbet, Tandoori, Banana Cream, Apple Green, Emerald City, Earth, Indigo, Grape Ape and a super dark purple transparent limited run whose name escapes me. A fun mix of CiM, Lauscha and Vetrofond.
I don't have pictures (just pulled them out of the kiln this morning, and now I'm at work, but there are no cracks in my beads. I'll keep an eye on them this week, but they look fine.

I garage at 930, and anneal for 1 hour at 968 before ramping down at 50 degrees per hour to 700, and then 100 degrees per hour to 400 and switching off. I don't know what your annealing schedule is, but maybe it is the problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-