View Single Post
Old 2015-04-17, 4:46pm
Present tense

I started with a tablespoon of grit, probably 2-3 tablespoons of plastic pellets, a large package of the larger glass seed beads from Hobby Lobby, and water to make a good sludge and got good results.

When the seed beads began wearing down, I broke a beverage bottle and put it in the tumbler. I figured glass is glass, and the bottle was otherwise trash. It too gives good results.

I tumble etch for probably 3-4 hours.

It will not get into crevices. I do have acid etch on hand, but really prefer the texture of the tumbled beads. If I have another bead with crevices I want to etch, I think I'll dip it in etching solution in order to get the crevices, and then after neutralizing and rinsing well, put it in the tumbler for the nicer finish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)