View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 11:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Timely discussion. I'd like to create tutorials starting with the word doc pages I create for metal working classes I teach (MANY unique techniques). When I added photos and converted to PDF, the files were huge! Not something I can send as attachments. Once completed, I would like to be able to sell as tutorials and that is another thing to learn how to do properly. Obviously, I have a lot to learn and would like to know where to go for more in-depth instructions.

Thanks for your suggestions thus far Diane. I checked out the PDFill option you mention... not for Macs as far as I can tell. I am using Word for Mac and wonder if there would be any benefit to working with Pages (I would have to purchase it first).

Anyone work on both a PC and a Mac, with Word and with Pages have an opinion?

Thanks for all input.
This is a bit late, but in case it is useful:

On modern Macs, you can print to PDF from *every* program. So yes, you can create PDFs directly from Word. Or from anything else. File > Print > PDF button on bottom left.

Filesize: it depends on how large your images are, and in what format they were originally. For people with the full version of Adobe Acrobat, there are lots more options for how you want images to be dealt with in your PDF, but with the free solutions you don't get that kind of control. So you need to trade off between image resolution/quality and filesize before you convert your document. (This is why people sometimes do a separate high-res PDF for printing - anyone who just wants to view it on a screen doesn't have to download a huge thing).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Kalorlo; 2012-04-18 at 11:11am.