View Single Post
Old 2018-05-24, 2:04pm

jsknow4445, I had the same idea some time ago and discovered a whole new world. But at that time I bought HH torch because I had no idea if I like it or not. I had some BE 90 and tried to melt firepolished stripes on HH - well, as far as I remember I ran out of gas before a 10mm (less than 1/2") bead was rounded. It was a moment when I decided to switch at least to Minor and try again, but COE 104 world offered its opportunities and I am still investigating it.

I would suggest that you go further and not only anneal but firepolish your strips in advance for a number of reasons. First - when we score and break strips we may have sharp edges. Even with 2mm thins. And it is not the best thing to have your fingers injured when you are making your the very best thing. Second - you can grind the edges but it is not always good for hot glass - there is a chance to get scum and other impurities (just like from scratched rods). If you firepolish and wash your strips (to remove any residue from kiln wash or paper) in advance, you will have nice "bars" of annealed glass. Аnd one more thing - you can prepare your dichro in the kiln - 2mm (thin) transparent on top of dichro side, tack fuse, anneal and you have your dichro covered, with nice edges and secured from burning off. Thre are so many dichro colors and textures in COE 90 - love it