View Single Post
Old 2013-12-11, 9:01am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Lady View Post
Lisi - thank you for the photo. I was able to get something close to this...can you share how you did yours?
I was hoping you would ask! Several years my photos really needed improvement and it was driving me batty. I had a green cast, sometimes a sepia cast, and I got rid of that and the dark background by using Lori's tutorial. the levels tool is the key (Ctrl+L), and once you get used to working with it, it's easy and fast. This actually corrects colors at the same time as changing the background to the white it is supposed to be.

This tutorial focuses on Photoshop Elements 2, but it's still the same for all of the newer versions.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/16432/483/

Oh! This is important - I use a single 100W equivalent "Daylight" CFL bulb (23W), and I never have to correct colors. I just use the level tool to change the dark photos. When I used to get the green and sepia cast years ago, I was using the Reveal bulbs. Those are no good, and you have to work a lot harder in PSE to correct colors.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-12-11 at 9:05am.