View Single Post
Old 2014-06-15, 12:00pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Anna, Felicia and Nita, you girls are the BEST!
Jody, I am sorry it is so nerve-wracking, but it is kind of fun and exciting to see what you get, although everyone got almost every class they wanted, wooohooo!

Julie, you are sooo cute! I was reminded by JulieV about her quote from last year which I just LOVE, thanks Julie! I have heard similar feedback over the years and it is what makes me push on when the supply list or other lengthy task is looming, like now So I'll share this again with you all!

"Just wanted to add that I've been to quite a few events in my 10 years of lampworking. This is the ONLY one where I felt soft glass workers were held on the same 'plane' as boro workers. Everyone accepted everyone; it didn't matter what type of glass you melted. It seemed to me we were all just there for the love of glass period. No snobs, no assholes, no jerks. No pressure, no formalities; a laid back atmosphere where anyone would feel welcome."

Ah....what music to my ears....my mission....joy!
Thanks to everyone for being so on the ball yesterday, the calls took about 5 hours and except for a few "sorry, that's full" on the end of the second round everyone got just what they wanted! It was wonderful to talk with every one of you this year and thanks to my son Pat for doing all the writing when he would have rather blown some glass, lol!

There are openings for a few more folks, full classes should be posted on the GS site schedule at bottom of page by Charlie this week. If someone is thinking about attending, I will let them pick their classes now from what is still open and hold them 7 days awaiting tuition payment. First come, first to get them and there are still quite a few torch classes open, even a couple featured artist spots!

Our theme this year is Pirates, we will be implementing a new game that will run throughout the event with folks showing their plunder on Sunday after elimination contest. It is nothing you have to go anywhere to do...no more hints...info at the Meet and Greet!

I will be emailing everyone a special newsletter today explaining the contests, demonstrations, art faire and other fun, optional things to jump into this year!

Tired, sore ear, happy and a smilin',
xoxo deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deb c; 2014-06-15 at 12:02pm.