View Single Post
Old 2008-10-08, 11:54am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Granger, not true, I learned on soft glass and made a big chunk of my living for over 25 years on ornaments made with soft glass. As well as perfumes etc. I find myself swearing at boro colors because they boil and wont move( stiff and dont spread nicely), and the colors are not as bright. The techniques are exactly the same, you just have to be fussier with soft glass. But you sure learn good habits about preheating, keeping everything warm while working, and heat control. Glass is glass.. if you are working from tubing its all the same, just one melts fast and stays runny a lot longer( traits I actually like), and will be more prone to thermal shock. Will post pics tomorrow of some soft glass ones I made today. Using lead glass tubing and bullseye rods.And I am doing my whole tutorial on a minor burner.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."