View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 10:26pm
Experimentalist

Ah... good to know. I have found that when I want extreme detail in a very small object, the closest I can get the lens (physically) to the object, the better. Part of this may be because I use pretty ordinary cameras... and because I never gave much thought to depth of field for these photos.

I had no idea backing up could produce a better picture. Goes to show how much I *don't* know.

And when I said, "I can't see that stepping back and zooming in could be any better than just a close-up macro shot... " I probably phrased that wrong and should have said, "In my experience, I haven't had any luck when I tried backing up and zooming in."

I can tell you I use the bare minimum of equpment, technique AND knowledge. I'd love to improve (and lament about it often) so I'm taking all this in and will try to put some of it into practice.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.