View Single Post
Old 2008-06-18, 1:54pm

Smile

Wow...great stuff. Can't wait for the sequel!

....and here come the questions.....
It appears that the dome comes from the nice shiny chassing hammer hitting/taping the rim at 20 degree angle from the edge..? Does it sorta kinda turn the edges down ?
Do you work your way around the bead ..or maybe twist/turn it around the FFS < Fat Finger Stand> ? I am sure we will all need to know more about that.
I can understand that you do one side first, and then flip it over. But it looks like at one point after the dome sets in you need to keep flippin it back and forth to get a tighter fit. Correct?
At that point are you still hitting at an angle ? Do you lay anything over it...like a cloth or holy water so it won't break?? I' d be crossing my fingers at this point...

So for those of us who have ownership in a Jim Moore tool do you figure we could flare using the machine...using the larger bit which is nice and smooth, flip and then start the tap, tap tapping of Maxwell's Silver Hammer?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
I will be anxious to learn /read more about the way they come out so shiny..I use a dremel padded type bit with polish but sometimes it just seems to smear everything around and not really look very good. I then resort to my Sunshine cloth. We will be anxiously awaiting the shiny up tips.
I expect it is night time over there by now but please accept my thanks for doing all of this so far. And I am sure that every shopkeeper who sells those shiny hammers and those who sell that pipe cutter dealie thing will be thanking someone tomorrow too.

And what is really great is that I have a ton of scruffy beads to practice with..I guess I will sacrifice a bit of silver.

Many Thanks
Anne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.