View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 2:22pm
Fire!! Wait...it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
When people purchase a gift tutorial from me, I email the tutorial to the recipient, not the buyer.
Yes, I know that's the way it works. It's just that tutorial cost can really add up. I'm not saying that $25 or so for a professional looking tutorial is too much, especially a lampwork tut, I don't think it is. But everything is such a secret, I never know what to expect. Sometimes I try to ask questions and am told "buy it and see". What if, due to arthritis or something like that, I am physically unable to make the bead. Or what if certain materials are too costly for me and I don't know that until I see the tutorial? I've got a lot of tutorials that I won't be able to even try until I can afford more expensive glass. Or, or, well you get my point.

Some of the tutorials I've purchased were a complete rip-off, but I purchased them because of professional courtesy. You know when two people happen to be using the same technique, learned from different sources, but one just happens to write a tut for it? People are so touchy I feel like I can't sell an item using that technique without being bashed.

Wasted money. More profit for the tutorial writer. And just to clarify, I'm not referring to anybody here on LE, not even unintentionally. Just sayin'.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor and Oxy Con with AF3P Kiln