View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 9:12pm
Uh Oh....

Cher - It's really a nice gesture to buy tutorials that others have published doing the same technique that you do and learned on your own but I really don't get the need to buy tutorials just because you want to sell the same beads using the same technique. If you figured out a variation after purchasing a tutorial, that's great. It's just an expansion of the original idea. So, I guess it doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't make any sense to buy every tutorial that shows how to make a wire clasp no matter how cheap the tutorials are just because I used them in jewelry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByCher View Post
Actually, I've bought a few where I was already doing the technique on my own, but when someone else published a tut on it, I felt I had to buy it to continue selling items with that technique. Does that make sense? It's like all of the sudden I have to give credit to someone else for what I was already doing. Not such a big deal really, the tuts weren't that expensive. I guess the whole tut thing sometimes confuses me. This really applies to wirework and jewelry making, I've gotten tons of awesome info here on LE, I love the comradery here! And all the lampwork tuts I've purchases were awesome, even the one I never used, and true, I bought it when I was really new and didn't really know what I was doing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.