View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 3:45pm

Thanks, Deb and Liz. The mirror is a large front surface mirror. Most mirrors are back surface mirrors so when you get a reflection it reflects from both the glass and the mirror surface on the back side, causing a double image when viewed from an angle and really noticeable when the object is resting on the mirror. I've been wanting to shoot some glass on it but I've not created anything that I thought would really look good this way. I've bought a few marbles and things from people that used a torch to create them (rather than fused glass like I do) but they were on the small side so didn't work very well. The bigger things, paper weights and globes that some of the torch works have made are gorgeous and would work great, but they are usually a bit expensive to buy just to take pictures of them. So I just keep watching for something or maybe someday I'll fuse something that will look good done on a mirror like this.

Mike