Thread: Salt Box Shed
View Single Post
Old 2015-10-07, 11:31am
Salt Box Beads

Default Salt Box Shed

It has been awhile, life got in the way...But finally we are both retired now and the studio is getting finished. Hubby has been installing the tile. He has arthritis in his spine and it is very bad so he goes slowly and works when he can. He enjoys puttering and is happy going slow and easy.

I chose Ardesia blue ceramic tiles and a chocolate grout. I wanted thick grout lines because I like them better that way. It still needs the final wipe down as you can see the thin cocoa colored film still on it, which will be wiped down today and then the rest of the floor will be finished tomorrow.

I am blogging about the studio and other things too, The link is in my sig line below, but you can see more pics and the story of the studio there as we go along.

If you will notice I put all of the electrical outlets up high. That way they will be over the benches and comfortable to reach.

I do have one electrical outlet installed down low for the intake unit for under the bench. The flip switch will be up high for it though. I hope to have the whole thing finished by Christmas but it depends on the weather.

It is very small so it has been a chore to try to fit in what I need. I am excited to see just how well I will be able to pull it all together.

The floor has turned out BETTER than anticipated, I think I will do the kitchen the same way. I absolutely love it. I was tempted to lick the chocolate grout a few times when I was grouting, it looks just like chocolate frosting
Attached Images