View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 1:57pm

Default starter setup, and National 8M

actually, the rider attachment is one of the reasons i'm considering this torch so heavily. right now i think i'm going to go with the national 8M with the SM-7 and SM-21 tips, and if i like it a lot, i'll add the rider with the HTC-1, and maybe a few others later on, for doing the boro work. if i don't like it as much as i'm hoping, i'll move over to a GTT. i like the idea behind their triple mix setup, which from a combustion standpoint is much more efficient, but if i'm going to get one to start with, i'm going to want something that's very widely adjustable since i don't know where i want to go with glass yet, and i just can't stomach spending 1200 for a phantom until i'm a little more sure what i want to do. the other torch i'm considering is the Nortel MidRange with the premix top burner, but i still ike the idea of being able to run a smaller flame in either surface or premix. i don't know. i'm still a bit confused, but for right now, i'm still leaning hard toward the national. if there weren't such a big jump to the Lynx, or it had a wider range of capability, i'd definately go for that.