View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 6:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
I agree with Sharon and Schermo, and will add one othe thought. I don't belong to the ISGB for what I get out of it (and between Gatherings and exhibition opportunities, I get a fair amount), any more than I belong to the Newark Museum or the Corning Museum of Glass for what I get in return. I belong because I want the resource to exist and because by supporting it with my dollars I am helping sustain an arts organization that has little or no support outside its members. I don't want to live in a world where an arts organizations' merit is judged on the payback to its supporters. That being said, we each can't afford to support ALL worthy groups at one time, and I certainly believe in the right of each individual to make these decisions for themselves. BTW our international members probably want to keep the "I"! Jeri
I agree but I would like to see ISGB have a support level of membership that is $20-25 a year that only includes the newsletter. This level would not cover a gathering discount, etc. I would hope that many lampworkers would contribute so that ISGB could go on doing the promotion of lampwork beads and the many other benefits that indirectly help all of us.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]