View Single Post
Old 2013-05-30, 4:57pm
They see me rollin'...

Sigh! It's still raining. It had rained quite a bit the weekend before last. Then we had 3" last weekend, and around 1" to 1 1/2" of rain every day since then. I am happy that our hay will be growing (although the hail stripped most of the leaves off of the alfalfa). But it's pretty darn cold and miserable out there right now.

Needless to say I haven't been able to get the trench dug or put in my garden. But, I could go ahead and work on the paneling inside the shed, so maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

I feel so bad for the horses and chickens! They both have shelter, but it's still miserable for them. The horses won't hardly leave their loafing sheds, and the chicken run is a swamp except for under the coop. Thank God we decided to build a coop that has a space under it where I can put their food and water.

I did manage to plant 3 lilac bushes along one side of the shed on Tuesday when we had some brief sunshine. I love lilacs and they apparently do well here. Every time we plant something the place looks so much better!

-Patti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti