View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 9:15pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I like the fancy background, BUT...

You never know when someone's going to do a book or magazine article (Lark Books 500 Medieval Animals... in my dreams!). And the bead/glass/art exhibits - the jurors want to see a body of images with the same background, and will toss applicants with overly complicated pictures. Most of the editorial folks are also very specific about white or graded backgrounds, and if the only picture you have of your most fabulous piece has a busy background they're not likely to jury you in.

If you really love the fancy backgrounds, I'd seriously recommend that you always take a second picture with plain or graded paper, and keep both images in your archives for future book or exhibit use.

Glorious dragons, by the way - I'm jealous!
*sharon*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...