View Single Post
Old 2012-02-10, 10:31am
I speak Murrini!

Default Coming Soon: "Tiny Treasure Vessels and Tidbits Too!" A 2-Part Tutorial!

03/11/12 UPDATE:

I am strongly considering doing a "Pre-Order" offer on this Tutorial and with all pre-orders will provide an advanced official "Supplies List". Because (I believe) the nature of the supplies provide a serious "reveal" of my methods of creation and assembly, I'm not going to offer my Supplies List outside of either a pre-order or outright purchase of the Tutorial at time of publication (estimated completion and listing: mid-April, 2012).

I'm almost finished with the written portion of the Tutorial but need help doing all the photoing! It's pretty much impossible to accomplish this single-handed (believe me, I've tried!) so I'm going to have to wait until one of my family members is available to assist. Hopefully all photos will be done in the next few weeks, then I'll get them inserted into the Tutorial and off to my proof-readers by April 1st!

Hi All~

Well, after years and years of being asked, I am finally working on a Tutorial for my small, permanently sealed "Tiny Treasure Vessels and Tidbits Too"! The "tidbits" will feature miniature marbles, tiny bumble bees, itty bitty bones, etc. which can be placed inside the vessels before being permanently sealed!

Technique for making the vessels, the tibdits, the stuffing and sealing techniques (both dry and liquid) will be photoed and demonstrated in a variety of ways and combinations! Part 1 will demonstrate making the vessel and the sealing cap; Part 2 will focus on the tidbits you can put inside!

I work on a Hot Head, so this Tutorial will be for everyone - no matter what type of torch you have!

Here's an example of the technique using a simple sealed vessel containing small "blood" colored miniature marbles (1/8" around!) and itty-bitty "bones":

And here's a snap of some of the miniature marbles you can make! These range from 1/8" to 1/4", and include plain colors as well as wig-wag style! I will even teach you to embed them with itty-bitty murrini!!!

This Tutorial will probably take me anywhere from 3-6 weeks to get together, but I would love to hear who might be interested? Guaranteed to be bunches of fun and a great learning experience as well!

Stay tuned...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2012-03-11 at 10:46am. Reason: Oops! Spell-check! LOL!!!