View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 10:20am

Here's what I do with the glass over striking colour. (I assumed you meant to get that hot pink Clio look)

1) I make an extremely thin layer of clear on my mandrel, about the footprint of the finished bead I want. I do this because I hear oranges and reds can be finicky about being encased, and I don't want to lose a bead that I've layered that much.

2) I lay a thin layer of striking (non-silver) glass on top.

3) I then encase the striking glass (non-silver) in clear. This is necessary because the striking orange, at the very least, has a yucky-coloured reaction if it comes into contact with silver glass.

4) I then strike the striking glass through the encasement.

5) Lay on as much silver glass as you want, being sure to not heat the center of the bead too much.

6) Finish any surface treatment of the silver glass before annealing.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:

Last edited by silverlilly1; 2013-03-15 at 3:23pm.