View Single Post
Old 2013-09-24, 3:22am
More ideas than talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
There is such peace within the flames for me. It's a really zen kind of thing. It's not that I enjoy making multiple beads alike, it's that I "HAVE" to know that I can do one thing well enough to do the same thing again. I tend to work in sets. I get a great sense of accomplishment when I have a matching set of beads, whether it's plain spacers or a bunch of beads with similar decoration.

Mostly it's the peace within the flames. I am so relaxed when I work. Hard to explain to those who don't torch. Glad peeps here understand.

Sue
And this... It's Zen - provided an individual bead doesn't take more than about 20 minutes... My attention span is short. That and you can try so many different things. What is it, jack of all trades, master of none.

Interestingly when I buy other people's work, it's generally the focals rather than sets. I may not be able to concentrate that long (not that I have the talent or ideas anyway), but I certainly appreciate the work of those who do.

I find it fascinating looking at the jewellery section. Alot of the designs feature around the sets. Seeing what the designers do with various works absolutely stuns me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.