View Single Post
Old 2014-04-04, 2:54pm
maybe tomorrow

This was a really good thread about glass compatibility with regards to coe and viscosity. Even now that we've been using the furnace glass frits for several years with other coe's, I don't think everyone fully understands why they work. This explains some of it.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64967

I think I remember a previous thread getting rather heated, and it was deleted, but this one, while not everyone agreed, stayed fairly civil.

And one of the best tips I could give someone just coming into this is to relax and slow down. Pick something and learn it well (or at least give it a fair shot), then move on to the next thing. I see so many people in such a hurry to learn everything all at once, and then they get frustrated that they can't seem to do things the way they want to. It takes time and practice, (and a lot of it)! Don't be discouraged by the things you can't do on the first (or tenth) try. Learning to do something well is going to take time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Toni Lutman; 2014-04-04 at 3:01pm.