View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 12:25pm

Default Scroll-challenged - drawing help needed!

I've always looked longingly at beautiful scrollwork beads. I've tried time and again to make them and typically ended up with a horrid little bead mess. I've learned to attempt them in colors that look good in a gravity-swirl so I can at least salvage the glass.

So, yesterday I went back to the drawing board - literally - and started to sketch ideas for scroll beads so that I could work through a few hundred until I could get one right. It was here I learned the source of my problem. Surprise - I can't DRAW a darned decent looking scroll either. It is probably too much to expect that I could create something in glass that I couldn't create on paper

So now I'm commited to a) quit blaming stringer control b) drawing and doodling hundreds of scrolls and swirls until I can do nice ones easily.

For you scrollwork marvels in the crowd, did you ALWAYS know how to draw these? How did you learn? Is there a particular trick you use? How did you practice? Were your grade-school textbook covers and grad school lecture notes covered in intricate spirals and scrollwork?

Is there a workbook or tutorial or something online or through Amazon that helps the scroll challenged learn to draw graceful scrolls and swirls? OMG I need help!

Glass Witch: n; a sandwich to which heat and pressure have been applied
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.