View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 8:00pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
I was using the Effetre super clear and was happy with it. I bought the Uroboros when I was reading all the hype to give it a try. So far, I've not noticed it any clearer but have noticed more bubbles in it. I can see the defects in the rods that are causing them. I may have just gotten a bad bit of it, though, because everyone else seems to find it bubble free. My current preference is still the Effetre but I'm going to give the Uro another try for sure based on everyone's feedback.

ETA - I'm not on a hothead either, though, De!
Agree with this.
After reading the praises about 104 Uro (and because I love Uroboros COE 96), I bought a pound.
I am not absolutely happy. The rods are kind of scratchy, with visible blemishes.
And I don't find it clearer than Effetre Super Clear, which is my "go to" clear. On the contrary, I prefer Super Clear also from a clarity point of view.
Love Zephyr, but can't always justify the price.

My top list of "clear" clears is:
1. Zephyr (also Aether, but does react with silver glass)
2. Effetre Super Clear
3. Uroboros 104

Etsy Vintage shop
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Webpage ->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.