View Single Post
Old 2008-03-14, 9:48pm

I'm signed up for the John Kabuki class on Mar 22 here Brent... he'll be here for a week. I am dying to see how he gets the CRISPNESS out of the colors in his marbles. The lines and edges are so sharp.

I'd love to take a class with Milton Townsend, and Ray Olsen too. Ray is local, and is the glass sculptor for Disney's limited edition glass, especially Mickey Mouse. He also exhibits in the Orlando Museum of Art. Ray's work is unbelievable, and just one of the nicest glass people I've ever met.

He attends a lot of the JW Hull Gatherings, maybe you can attend one of them. He'll be teaching advanced sculpture this summer here too at J W Hull's. He has an 'Einstein' goblet at Hulls, and omg... it is solid glass and is a dead on, full color bust of Einstein.

Besides Paul Stankard who's in a class by himself, I can't think of a better glass sculptor, and that includes Milton Townsend. Milton Townsend's figures are incredible, but Ray's detail and facial expressions in glass blows him away.

I also hope I can take YOUR glass sculpture class this summer. I know everyone has a different specialty, and I love your work as well.