Thread: Ask Mikey
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-31, 2:29pm

Default Handpulled Glass

Quote:
What's the ratio of failed color batches (odd/off colors) to successful ones? What is typically the cause?
The only color that I can call a failed color batch would be one that is not compatible with its brothers and sisters.

Many of the new Effetre colors come from experiments. Some come out to be "GREAT" and some "not so great".

But in either case, if I ask for new colors, the price is based on the ingredients and labor and nothing to do with how great or not so great the glass is.

If I order a handpulled color, does not matter if it is a new color or a standard handpulled color. Sometimes the Opal yellow is light and sometimes it is dark and sometimes it is in between, but they all are handpulled Effetre color.

Yes, we have many handmade colors, and sometimes machine made colors that are a one-of-a-kind colors can be the hottest new color or a pretty ugly color, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206