View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 9:19am

Hey ladies!

Thank you for your responses

Pam, Seems like some do work better than others. For instance I have had the best luck with: Messy Clear, effetre black, effetre coral, Vetrofond odd lot Parrot Green.

I love the look of Messy Stone Ground, but some pit really well and others don't. I wonder about humidity in weather having something to do with the effects. I live in Kansas City, Missouri and it was really humid when I made beads the other day.

I don't soak in vinegar. It doesn't seem to do much of anything imho. My beads are annealed and I have not had any problems with breakage. I usually only coat them in baking soda once, maybe twice, but it doesn't seem like more is better. It seems like it's harder to remove all of the white residue the more you roll it in baking soda.

I have read that some tumble them in a tumbler. That should really get the beads even more clean and should etch them too(think of sea glass).

You know, this is the only way I know. I'm not sure how else to achieve the look.

Misty Cherie- I did do some searching, but didn't really come across anything helpful(could be that I am not the best research searcher?).

Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

I appreciate your posts I'll keep digging and post here if I get any more answers

xo Genea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Genea Crivello
"Enlightened Art for the Awakened Soul"