View Single Post
Old 2009-11-12, 11:21am

And, I am just going to add, if the *pointy* tip of the leaf isn't pointy enough, make a tiny point on the end of a separate thin rod, and use it to pull out the tip of your leaf some. (to do this just heat the very tip of the rod, and wait a second or two you don't want it hair thin, then pull it out with a tweezer. then snap the bally end off and you have a tiny - maybe 1/2 " point to use. )
Heat up your leaf dot focusing as well as you can on the end you want to move, and put your tiny tip at the very end where you would like to give the blob more shape, and wait a second and then gently pull it out. Slowly....this is a very small movement.
I always have a bunch of short clear and intense black rods that I have made little points on. That way they are always ready. Definitely one of those PPP things, but worth it. IMO
I bet I pull something around on at least 80% of my beads.
Clear as mud? ha ha, I have always wanted to say that....
cheers,
jo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- A work in progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.