View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 8:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1492 View Post
So what problems are you having adjusting the redmax?

GTT's have a bit of a learning curve. If you can put up with that for a couple months I think you would be good with a GTT.

I have used all three and have to say I like the Herbie the best but I do not do all solid work. I have owned and used a major minor, mirage, and a 40mm Herbie. The herbie is the easiest of all to adjust.

If you get the chance try a GTT before you buy one the person I sold my mirage to said the big flame can get to be a intimidating at times. Atleast try a lynx or phantom before you would drop the funds on a Kobuki, and then if you like it sell the lynx or phantom for almost what you paid for it.

I got $1700 for my mirage after using it they do not drop in value a lot.
I think I've got the Redmax dialed in and am able to adjust it pretty good now, I was having alot of issues with glowing bits on the face while working but seems to be only occasional since turning the oxygen up way more. I've been focusing mainly on larger marbles but I'm sure I will still eventually do something hollow or blown. Is the herbie primarily for solid work only or can you work other things? I'm pretty sure I'm set on getting a GTT torch at this point and am leaning towards a larger one for larger marbles/ paperweights. I may get to try Larry Cazes' Mirage in the near future to see how I like it. The Kobuki seems to be quite versatile from what I've read and it would be awesome to never have to upgrade again.