View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 8:15am

Default Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc View Post
Really Simon?? almost a year?? First of all,You paid in 2 parts. 1 with a credit card and with PayPal. 1 in September and 1 in October. Still too long, I will give you that. But lets keep it real, hardly a year. You and I have been comunicating almost on a bi-weekly basis from the begining. I have spent countless hours with you on the phone, helping you figure out the best way to set up your system. I have offered you my best advise on many topics. Hardly a con. I even drew diagrams of how the system would look and sent them to you. You even changed your order at one point, then back again. The only reason the items were'nt shipped to Great Britian weeks ago, was the free compressors that I was sending you. They caused the package to weigh more than the 85.00 shipping charge you had paid, to get it to Great Britian. I advised you in an email that the shipping went up to over $200.00 and you never offered to pay. That was a few weeks ago. You then said break the package down and send the original order without the free stuff. Which I have done. I just dont see how this falls into a con. We have communicated openly and professionally up to this point. By the way, I have never ignored a single call from you, knowing that you are calling from another country.
I did answer the phone last night, after business hours, even though the call was a "private caller" I did not know it was you until you posted this thread. You certainly did'nt bother leaving a message. We did have problems with phone yesterday evening. I have been here all day today and the phones are working fine. So, I missed one call out of hundreds. This is only a response to your post. I have no intentions on debating with you any of the points I just made. I am simply telling the whole story as it is. Jack
1) After our initial conversation, you requested half the money up front for the order so you could buy the sieve material for all five units. Later on, you requested all the money up front because the sieve material is expensive. Since I'm guessing you don't work for free, full payment up front must have covered all your materials and labour costs, with profit included on top. This is why you received payment in two parts. It doesn't exactly help things by misrepresenting this.

2) You're advice in setting up the system has been fantastic and I cannot fault you on that whatsoever. On the other hand, I'm sure you realise that all the advice in the world doesn't do me much good without a functioning piece of equipment in my hands!

3) Would you care to confirm the date at which I gave you a further $85 dollars for shipping, when I was told you'd be shipping out something immediately and hence required payment?

4) At no point have I changed my order. In one of our more recent conversations, you were reluctant to tell me the progress of my order. I simply asked if it was an option to have something else that you already had built instead of me waiting another six months for my original order to be built. Again, it doesn't help things to misrepresent me here either.

5) I'm surprised that after receiving nothing at all, and giving you over $2000, that you expect me to send you more money? You already informed me that you had only built one unit? Are you saying now that you have shipped all five units out? If this is the case, please send me the tracking numbers for the shipments.

6) If I actually receive my order, then I will take back what I said about this being a con. My gut feeling over the phone before we initially started doing business was that you are a stand up guy, and I'm very rarely wrong. By telling me you have shipped things out when nothing has ever materialised more times than I can count, you've called my judgement into question and left me no other recourse than to make this public.