View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 1:12am
Hopeless glass addict!

Angry Going Nutz trying to Photo This Bead!!!! Help!!!

This mushroom bead has a cap that is Pumpkin Dark-Dark (CIM) and a stem that is Vetro Honey Crunch Odd. If I get the stem the right color, the cap is wayyyyy dark (first photo.) If I get the cap the right color, the stem is almost completely washed out (second photo.)

I've tried spot metering the stem...then the cap...it doesn't help. Would it work better on a white background? I'd try it, but right now the temptation to throw my camera is so great, I don't dare touch it...or this darned bead! Each time I've taken a custom white balance. My camera is a Fuji FinePix E900. I'm using Manual settings. This is probably an easy thing to do, but I'm such a moron when it comes to photography. I will gladly try any and all suggestions you might toss my way! I would be so grateful for any help at all....please...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~Mendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!