View Single Post
Old 2008-08-16, 6:27am
RaymondMillbrae

Thanks, Gals!

I did see some of the places yall mentioned...but "some of them" jacked-up the prices on shippng and handling.

I finally found a cool chicky-poo on eBay (Stacy) who sold me her last two pounds of mixed stainless steel shot at $19.97 a pound...and shipped it all for $4.80. (For a total of $44.74).

Can't beat that!

And even if I did find it someplace else for a tad cheaper (which I didn't), I still would have spent a few more shekels to patronized her for working with me.

I love it when people are not so "tight-fisted" and "penny-pinching".

Myself, I loooooooooooove to bargain. (Only in specific venues or circumstances, where it is deemed acceptable). But I will never force someone to bend to my will. Nor do I like to make folks feel "pressed" into selling the item to me at a loss to themselves. (I know they have expenses, just like me).

But in all honesty, I like to patronize folks. So if they are cool with me (professionally and courteously), I will usually agree to their offer.

Hmmm...but then again, I am also super spontaneous. Sometimes I lay an offer on the table for a very short while. If they take it...cool. But if they hold out thinking I will look back and take a second look...

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm probably already walking away with nary a regret.

Ha ha ha. I'm such a dork!

Anyhoo...thanks again, gals.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: Oh yea, one more thing. I always scratch my head when I see items sold in weird multiples. (Like a 3-pack of batteries). I'm remembering this because a local store nearby (in Berkeley) sells mixed stainless steel shot for $36.00 for 1.5 pounds.

1 1/2 pounds?

What's up with that?!

If you work in a bead or jewlery shop, you should know that the most common tumbler size are the 3-pounders...which take 2-pounds of shot. So what do they do? They try to make a profit by selling them in weird multiples, where you have to buy TWO OF THEM (more than you need), at an inflated price.

Bummer.

But I guess that's marketing, and they gotta do what they gotta do.

Toodle-Loo.

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 2008-08-16 at 8:26am.