Thread: FLASHBACK
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-16, 1:14pm
jessica barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflameart View Post
Such conflicting info out there ... both AmeriGas and Suburban propane here in S.C. said no no no to flashback arrestors. They say that a line running 1 - 10 psi could never "come back" through a line with psi running through it. They said only when the tank has just a little bit and pressure has somehow revered could it even be possible.

BY NO MEANS am I saying don't or do use one. I am NOT an expert but after talking to many experts, owners and people that work with propane everyday it seems very conflicting imho. Dunno but what they are saying does make sense and having one on there for "peace of mind" makes really great sense too!
I've seen a lot of conflicting info, too, & by no means am I an expert on shop set up or anything, but I am absolutely neurotic about safety, so this is my opinion on flashback arrestors:

Whether you have a surface mix or premix torch, just hook them up. Even if it's a one in a million chance you will blow up, FBAs are such an inexpensive piece of equipment compared to what the cost of setting up shop is that it is better to be safe than sorry. Your life is more important than saving $60. And even if there was an incident & you escaped with little to no bodily harm, I know if I had a tank explode I'd sure as sh!t be too scared to ever torch again - or atleast for a very long time.

(P.S. Blueflame- Even though I quoted you & am saying "you" in this statement, I don't MEAN you in particular. I just was thinking off of your statement, you means everyone. LOL you probably got that, sorry, I ramble)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jes
i make stuff & also things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|