Thread: what press?
View Single Post
Old 2017-11-05, 5:21am
della della is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 11, 2006
Posts: 374

I think Loco is right. There is a method used by Japanese bead makers as well as German makers where they press with a paddle or knife while the bead is probably warmer than you might ordinarily have it. I think if you look up nugget beads you will find the general method involved. In a Michael Barley class , he used this pressing method to get the general shape. The final result was not the geometric shape you have pictured but you could just stop shaping once you get to the flattened areas you want.

Reply With Quote