View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 12:25pm
Hakuna Matada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli! View Post
I am very much a newbie at lampworking (as in I haven't actually tried it yet, just looking into buying a kit to begin) and can't work out didymium glasses.

I wear regular prescription glasses (and really need them). And I have this idea that safety goggles or safety glasses with side-shields would be a good plan.
I don't want to get prescription didymiums, as anythign I buy has to be sellable (at the moment) incase I never get round to taking up the hobby properly.
I know you can get clip-on didymium lenses, but regular glasses and clip-on lenses and safety lenses, well my nose isn't big enough to support them all!

So, any ideas?
Another newbie...

I bought a pair of the economy didymium glasses with the side shields because I thought they would be large enough to comfortably wear over my prescription glasses. They were way too tight and gave me headache so I took the sides off and replaced them with a strap of elastic about an inch wide. Now I can slip the glasses over my prescription glasses and they're nice and comfortable. You can also easily slip them down around your neck when taking a break. No weight on the nose or tightness on the sides. If I ever need to I can put the original sides back on the glasses and they'll be good as new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ShaZazz Creations of Glass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.