View Single Post
Old 2018-06-10, 8:54pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Quote:
Okay, Vickie (or anyone else that has made the bags) I am having trouble following the instructions as written. Also, I don't have a serger.
Any chance anybody has photos of step #12, so I can see how they do the bottom seam?

Can I just do it my own way do you think, or do I need to follow the directions as written?

Maybe I need to just cut one and see if it makes more sense when I have it in my hand.
I followed the instructions the first time, then did it my own way which is more efficient. I didn't like the instructions, there is an easier method to come out with the same thing.

I usually leave part of the bottom seam of the lining open to "birth" (turn it inside out) the bag, I turn the raw edges to the inside then just sew it shut. Then stuff the lining down in the bag. Does that make sense?

I went back and read the instructions, step 12 doesn't make sense to me either. I don't usually serge them anyway. I hate my serger. I'm saving for a Babylock. You could just zig zag the seams to finish them if you don't have a serger or use pinking shears.

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!

Last edited by Vickie; 2018-06-10 at 8:59pm.