View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 4:41am
Lizard rescue squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
The clear is Uroboros 104. The murrini are on the surface, not encased. I don't think a murrini made with 96 on the surface would fail that way. Bullseye probably would but I don't think Bullseye makes a color like that. Maybe off- spec StrikingColor but still I don't think it would make such a radical difference.

I found two more of them mixed in my stash and stuck them on a test bead. I'll see what they do on that one when they come out of the kiln.
If I interpret this correctly to mean you're implying that one of my off-spec colors might be farther off in compatibility than a 96 COE glass would, you are incorrect Liz. None of the off-spec glasses I've released (or not released) would be off more than the equivalent of a few COE points from a "standard" 104 COE. Nothing even close to as far off as 96 would be to 104, let alone more than that. That doesn't mean that a murrini made with one of my off-spec glasses might not crack if mixed with the wrong glass (I call them "off-spec" for a reason), just that none are nearly as far off-spec in compatibility as a 96 COE glass would be to 104.

Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by glassmaker; 2013-03-03 at 4:58am. Reason: clarification