View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 2:55pm

Kikki,
I'm just a boro newbie here, so take this from where it comes I have been making icicles to help me work on learning how to work the glass and heat control. It IS different from soft glass. And added benefit is that I have a little bit of stock built up for a bead show that I'm doing in a couple of weeks. What I do is make the icicle and then put it into vermiculite to cool down. I batch anneal when I have enough. Seems to have worked so far, no breakage of the icicles.
Kim V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikki
Cool tutorial!

Question for boro users: If I make this in boro can I just leave it out to cool and batch anneal it later? I don't think I could fit many icicles in my kiln if I don't put them down on the kiln floor (which I can't do if the are on a mandrel).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.