View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 5:59pm
I'm a lilac!

Thanks for the thoughtful responses, Rebecca and KFraley51! I have seen all of the issues I mentioned come up, and after the first few crazy controversial threads, I have mostly tried to avoid the great tutorial debates.

One of the things that brings me pleasure in my glass work is showing or telling people how I achieve an effect... and there have definitely been times when I've backed off from doing that because I know it's in someone else's tutorial. I have been involved in debates about whether it was appropriate for another person to profit from techniques pioneered by someone else, and I feel like my perspective has probably changed some from those says, even though I still think that willful design ripoffs are a shame.

I've been noticing that the tutorial market seems to be shifting and perhaps softening a little; moving away from a strict proprietary ethic and toward the sense that what people are buying is the instruction, not the technique. I think I approve of this direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.