View Single Post
Old 2015-03-07, 7:49am
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
Because by suggesting answers I can be corrected and learn from others knowledge.
Right, but suggesting using a fork when someone asks how to eat soup because your gut tells you the fork is the right thing to use despite never having seen soup isn't as helpful as you might think.

I get that you're trying to be helpful, and instead of jumping on you for potentially giving wrong answers due to inexperience, I'd encourage you to get some clear boro and go try it. 6 mm rods should melt easily enough with your setup and you can try some sculptural work. Transparent boro colors tend to melt and move easily as well and shorts are a good way to experiment at a lower cost.

One of the reasons I stock 104 and 90 in my shop despite being boro focused, is that by working other types of glass I can get a better understanding of how the material moves overall and can relate that experience better to my preferred glass.

Like the title above says, "Borovangelist". Go forth, create. THEN come back and share your missteps to aid others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|