View Single Post
Old 2005-12-16, 11:04am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineh
Chad-

Thank you for the advice. Do you have an optical zoom recommendation? I've seen a lot of 3x optical.

As far as lighting, do you use a photo studio setup or special bulbs? I tried to make my own "light tent" with a storage box and clip on lights. I read about it on some forum, but it really didn't work for me.

Thanks,
Catherine
The more optical zoom you can get, the better. My camera is a SLR, so when I want more zoom, I just switch the lens. But 3X should be all you need.

I use cheap flood lights I got from Lowe's. They are currently loaded with GE Reveal bulbs, but I can't see much difference between them and regular bulbs. Here's what mine looks like...

I usually just use a light on either side. The small light on top is just one that I use for positioning. The flood lights get hot after a while, so I turn them off between photos and use the small one to see what I'm doing (I have all the other lights in the room off).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.