View Single Post
Old 2011-06-11, 5:35am
Growing Edge Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisgal View Post
Exactly where I was going to point you as well.

Unless you're a bit of tech-nerd and really enjoy mucking about with printer profiles and calibrating - I would strongly suggest going the "get things printed route".

On DPReview, you'll see people doing estimations on how much a single print costs - but that's just ink and paper, not your time. Nor does it include the cost of forgetting to change paper orientation or the printer jams and you have to reprint, or my favorite, printing with photo ink with matt paper (or vice versa). Also, printing on different papers require different profiles, otherwise you get color casts... I've spent way, way more money just on things that I tossed than I would on getting standard prints. But I love the process and finding the perfect support for a series of images, so it works for me.

If you do love the tech nerd stuff, the Epsons with ultra chrome inks are what most photographers use, they've solved many of the problems they used to have, so I would say you can't go wrong there!
This was also my thinking...it could get pretty expensive in the 'experimenting stages' but would, ultimately, be really fun once I figured out what I was doing with each paper/ink!

I believe I've read about the Epsom ultra chrome inks as well....kind of in printer/ink overload currently from having read so many different reviews!

thanks for you input!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-jewelry~~~
~~~