View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 2:07pm

Default hollow bead

Man oh man, this is not an easy bead to make! I have my first two in the kiln after struggling with cracking issues....you really have to pay attention while you work. I suggest starting pretty small, like 1 1/2" in length and getting all your skills up to speed.

The tutorial is very well done, but I don't expect to be making hollow beads anything like the quality of Astrid's any time soon...PPP.....lots of it!

Don't be discouraged, though. Astrid gives a lot of exciting new techniques for us to apply in our work, and a new venue for much of what we have learned from other tutorials and our own experimenting. The fact that these beads area addicting means we will get better at them. Now I really appreciate Astrid's hollow beads. She is a true glass artist!

Xiola

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.